Does hot tub use help sore muscles?
It’s something many people want to know, so let’s find out!
Does a Hot Tub Help Sore Muscles?
Let’s jump right in and answer the key question, “does a hot tub help sore muscles?”
Yes, hot tub use can help with sore muscles as well as other aches and pains. The combination of heat and powerful hydrotherapy jets can do wonders for your body, making it a perfect way to destress.
You’ll meet plenty of people who swear by using a hot tub for sore muscles, and they’re not wrong when they say there are benefits.
So, let’s take a look at some of the reasons why hot tubs help sore muscles.
4 Ways a Hot Tub Helps with Sore Muscles
One question we always get asked at Evergreen Softub is “do hot tubs help sore muscles?”
We’re happy to say that as well as providing the ultimate relaxing experience plus many more health benefits, hot tubs do help with sore muscles.
Here’s how they do it.
1. Improved Blood Flow
We take blood for granted, but actually, it has incredible healing powers.
If blood isn’t reaching your muscles efficiently, then it’s going to starve them of the nutrients they need to recover. This will exacerbate aches and pains, meaning you suffer for longer.
The hot water in a 4-person plug-and-play hot tub helps to open up blood vessels and improves blood flow to key areas, giving muscles much-needed relief.
2. Brings Nutrients to the Muscles
This point is an extension of point one, but it’s an important one nonetheless. When you open up the blood vessels and improve delivery to muscle groups it brings a whole host of benefits.
Blood is likely the body’s delivery system and it uses it to send all kinds of important resources around your body. This means that when you increase blood flow, you allow the body to efficiently deliver the oxygen, proteins, and other nutrients your muscles need to recover and grow.
A short session in a hot tub can make this delivery system more efficient to improve muscle soreness.
3. Reduced Cortisol Levels
Cortisol is the body’s stress hormone, and its presence can exacerbate any aches and pains you might be feeling. Your body works as one, which means your mind and your muscles are part of a shared system.
If you’re feeling stressed out in the mind, then it’s going to have an impact on the way your muscles feel.
Luckily, a session in a 2 person plug and play hot tub can significantly reduce stress and help your body focus better on its recovery.
4. Massage Therapy
Massage therapy has been proven to help reduce muscle soreness and you can get the same impact from Softub’s industry-leading hydrotherapy jets.
Powerful jets help penetrate deep into muscles, bringing you immediate relief from any aches and pains. Our 6-person plug-and-play hot tubs come with industry-leading jet technology, so they’re a perfect option to help target those persistent muscle pains.
So, does a hot tub help sore muscles?
FAQs: Does Hot Tub Help Sore Muscles??
- Do hot tubs help muscle recovery? Hot tubs do help muscle recovery by opening up blood vessels and improving circulation to the muscles. This allows for better delivery of oxygen and other nutrients to help relieve muscle soreness and promote recovery.
- How long should you sit in a hot tub for sore muscles? The optimal amount of time to sit in a hot tub for sore muscles is between 15 and 30 minutes. This will allow you to get all the benefits of hot tub use without overdoing it.
- Is a hot tub good for sore muscles after a workout? Hot tub use is excellent after a workout because it helps relieve sore muscles and improves the recovery process. A quick 15-30 minute session can be a great way to recover after an intense workout.
- What’s better for sore muscles, a hot tub or a sauna? Both hot tubs and saunas are great options for relieving sore muscles. The heat helps open up blood vessels and airways, allowing for improved delivery of nutrients to the muscles. With a hot tub, you do have the added benefits of hydrotherapy jets though.
Now Help Your Sore Muscles Recover in Perfect Luxury
We’ve answered the question of whether a hot tub helps sore muscles.
Now the question is, how can you get these benefits in the most convenient way, and the answer is with Softub. These plug-and-play tubs offer all the benefits of a traditional hot tub, but with modern convenience and efficiency built in.
Find out what sets Softubs apart, and you’ll soon see why they’re the number one choice for anyone looking to relax in the perfect setting.
Shop our collection of Softub spas!
Always consult your doctor or other qualified healthcare provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition, procedure, or treatment, whether it is a prescription medication, over-the-counter drug, vitamin, supplement, or herbal alternative.